Sanoli's Kitchen: TOMATO DATE CHUTNEY & AWARD

Thursday, October 11, 2012

TOMATO DATE CHUTNEY & AWARD


 
Still I can remember, my father couldn't finish his lunch except a sweet chutney dish, so my mum used to make chutney and stored it in the refrigerator. This chutney brings back a lot of childhood memories. From my heart and soul, I am the follower of my father. In my mind I always consider my parent as my 'Guru'. So this scrumtious flavourful chutney dish I dedicate to 'My Guru'.
 

INGREDIENTS:
5 nos. Tomato (chopped)
22-25 Dates/khejur (seedless & chopped)
2 OZ Mango Papad (finely chopped)
2 tbsps Raisins
1 tsp Grated Ginger
4 Dry Red Chillies
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Panch Phoron (combination of mustard, fennel, nigella, cumin and fenugreek seeds)
1/3 cup to 1/2 cup Sugar (according the sourness of tomato)
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste


METHOD:
Dry roast cumin seeds and 2 dry red chillies for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pound coarsely. Set aside. Heat oil in a pan. Add panch phoron and 2 dry red chillies.
When panch phoron crackles, add chopped tomatoes, ginger and dates in it.
Saute for 2 minutes, add turmeric powder, salt and mango papad in it. Cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat till tomato turns mushy and everything mix up well.
This time add raisins and sugar in it. 
Keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes on low heat.
Switch off the heat now, add coarsely pounded cumin-dry red chilli with lemon juice. Keep a stir. Serve cold as a side dish.

Now Award Time!!!
 
I was really surprised to get such a lovely award from few of my great blogger friends. Truely I have got lovely friends through blogging. Thanks you dear friends, I am too happy to recieve this precious award from you.
 

 
 
 
&
 
 
Who have shared this lovely blog award with me.
My hearty thanks to you my dear friends.
 
 
As per rule, I have to introduce myself and state somethings about me, which I did earlier, so don't want to bore you again or to know about me please check out about me 'here' .
 
I am going to share this award with all my blogger friends, so please accept this as a token of love.
 
 
Linking to: Feast for your Guru
 



27 comments:

  1. Tempting and delicious chutney.. Very interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy sweet and tangy chutney,very interesting and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your awards..
    This is a nice combo chutney..I make only the tomato one similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your awards...
    Have tasted this chutney once in a bengali friend's house...yours looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Dear,chutney luks too tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is mango papad? and congrats on ur award sanoli
    i have never had this chutney before at all

    Join my first event -- Be My guest

    rava idli-- a guest post

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow its very new chutney for me akka... i never had it before... looks so yummy... n thanks for linking to my event akka...
    Congrats for your awards...
    VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats for the award....Chutney looks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flavorful chutney... Congrats on the award dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award dear,wish you many many more
    chutney looks yum,the combo sounds awesome,will try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your awards, wishing you many more your way. And what a lovely chutney can imagine how wonderful it tastes yum

    Priya
    Cook like Priya




    ReplyDelete
  12. delicious ...join me in Fast Food event - Vermicilli

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely combo with dates & tomato..Yummy sweet and tangy combo..flavorful with rice!!
    Congrats Sanoli on all your awards,wish you many more:)
    Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your awards, delicious and perfect chutney. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious chutney. Congrats on your award. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats sanoli! will try this chutney, looks great

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your award and the chutney looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your awards...This chutney looks so delicious!!Mouthwatering here...:)
    Join with Teavivre Giveaway @ Food Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi
    I was simply browsing then came to know bout your blog. Felt like I am in my home town.I belong to Orissa and your dishes and our dishes mostly same. After after marriage for me it is rare to have my home town dishes in my in laws house. Any way happy to have u in my dash board for more update.

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks so yummy and tangy chutney. congrats on ur award..
    http://www.indiantastyfoodrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, what a yummy chutney

    Blog - http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
    Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am going to copy this and try it at home :-)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete