Sanoli's Kitchen: EGG CHOWMEIN

Friday, April 5, 2013

EGG CHOWMEIN

My mom usually made this with full of veggies or veg-egg mixed chowmein for my lunch box in  my school & college days. Since those days till today it is my favourite dish. Once in a week I made this egg chowmein for my family. Its really easy and helps you to clear your refrigerator of all kinds of leftovers. Cooking and eating this delicious chowmein again is trully nostalgic. I have used veggies had in hand, may use any veggies of your choice. Just stir fried all the veggies and added chowmein flavored with different sauces. Don't over cook veggies. Veggies should not be soft and mushy, it should be crunchy. So here is my adorable egg chowmein:


INGREDIENTS:
200 gm Egg Noodles
2 Eggs
2 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
1 Medium Carrot
1 Red Bell Pepper / Capsicum
1 Large Onion
2 tbsps Sesame Oil
2 tbsps White Oil
1&1/2 tbsps Soya Sauce
2 tsp While Vinegar
2 tbsps Tomato Chilli Sauce
MSG as per taste (Ajinomoto)

METHOD:

Boil 4 cups of water. Add salt and 1/2 tbsp white oil in it.

Add egg noodles in this warm water.

Leave it for 5 minutes and drain it.

Leave it for drying. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp white oil and grease it, so that it will not becoming sticky.

Beat the eggs.  Heat 1 tbsp white oil in a pan and cook egg till it gets scrambled.

Heat 2 tbsps sesame oil for 2 minutes in a pan or wok. Add chopped garlic and then onions in it. Fry for 2 minutes on high heat. Add carrot and bell pepper now and fry for another 2 minutes minutes on medium heat.

Add noodles. Fold well. 

Mix scrambled eggs with it.

Pour soya sauce, tomato chilli sauce, vinegar and ajinomoto with it. Fold nicely.

Keep stirring for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat now.

Serve immediately with any soup or chinese gravy dish.
 

22 comments:

  1. Egg chowmein is my favorite street food. Looks yummy!! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chowmein looks so yum and healthy too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so delicious.so tempting,can have the entire plate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats my fav <3 nice space @ sanoli
    im new to blogging do visit my space

    http://sweets-n-spices.blogspot.com/

    Happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice recipe didi. will try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks fabulous and flavorful....

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks very tempting,filling meal:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel like inviting myself to ur place sis, droolworthy chowmein;

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect !
    I love it.. comfort meal for me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious Egg chowmein, I need to try Sanoli yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow well made and feel like having it now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tempting ....Perfectly made Sano :)
    Looks so inviting !!
    shrutirasoi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious flavorful chowmein.. U have a great space.. Happy to be ur 140th follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. perfect meal for a busy day...filling and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  15. chowmein looks wonderful deliciously done

    ReplyDelete
  16. its been a long time since I have had Chowmein.. you have made me nostalgic !!

    glad to follow you Sanoli :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much sharing the Chow mein Recipe .. I have tried the same recipe.. Just want to share with you.. Do try to visit my place when time permmits Egg Chow mein
    I love to have your feed back..
    Happy blogging
    Have a good day dear!

    ReplyDelete