Sanoli's Kitchen: BHINDI RASA MALABI

Monday, July 29, 2013

BHINDI RASA MALABI

My hubby mostly likes okra or bhindi among all green vegetables. So, very often I prepare this green vegetable in my kitchen and experimenting maximum on bhindi or okras. This vegetable is highly available in tropical, sub-tropical and warm temperate regions around the world. Here is an easy recipe of bhindi, which I adapted from my Mom's Kitchen. I modified it according to me. Do try it once, trust me it makes a lovely dish.
INGREDIENTS:
300 gm Okras (bhindi)
1/2 tsp Nigella Seeds (kalonji)
4 Green Chillies, Cut into slits
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsps Mustard Paste
2 tsps Poppy Seeds Paste
1 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
4 tbsps + 2 tbsps Mustard Oil
Salt to Taste

METHOD:
Wash and cut okras in 1" pieces. Set it aside.


Heat 4 tbsps mustard oil in a kadhai. Temper with nigella seeds and slitted green chilies. Saute for 20-30 seconds. Add okras followed by turmeric powder and salt in it. Fry till okras turn into light brown.


Now add mustard paste, poppy seeds paste and 1/2 cup water in it. Mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Pour 2 tbsps mustard oil and tamarind pulp in it. Keep stirring for 2 minutes and turn off the heat now. 

Serve with steamed rice, a great side dish for lunch. 

11 comments:

  1. Its one of my favourite dish, but I never use tamarind. Look really yummy!!
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious and bhindi is my fav veggie akka/didi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy & tempting one.. Will try & see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks very very yummy and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again something yummy and new to me, haven't tried poppy seeds in okra..Sounds & looks yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy and delicious .... Thanks for sharing.
    Will try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this seems to be yummy to try....like it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who will not like this dish? Well I will I am sure :)
    Perfectly done:)

    ReplyDelete